Using gcc/ChangeLog instead of gcc/testsuite/ChangeLog?

Has there been a change of policy so it's a valid option to use
gcc/ChangeLog for testsuite changes?  I was about to move a
semi-randomly spotted misplaced entry, and when checking if
there were others, I noticed that there's like tens of them, so
I thought better ask.

(IMHO it's confusing to have to inspect more than one ChangeLog,
but I'm not going to bother changing anything if that's not the
common view.)

brgds, H-P