This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 9.2 Status Report (2019-08-05), branch frozen for release
- From: Tom Honermann <tom at honermann dot net>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 11:57:39 -0400
- Subject: Re: GCC 9.2 Status Report (2019-08-05), branch frozen for release
- References: <email@example.com> <20190808150440.GP2726@tucnak>
On 8/8/19 11:04 AM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
On Thu, Aug 08, 2019 at 10:49:41AM -0400, Tom Honermann wrote:
The first 9.2 release candidate has been released.
The GCC 9 branch is frozen for preparation of the GCC 9.2 release.
All changes to the branch now require release manager approval.
Hi, Jakub. If at all possible, I'd like to request that a back port of PR
c++/88095  be included in the gcc 9.2 release.
I'd prefer to defer it for 9.2.1 (i.e. commit after Monday next week),
the fix has been on the trunk only for 3 days and would require another
release candidate, plus it isn't really a regression.
That way if it breaks something we have several months
to discover it and fix it.
I'm content with that. Thanks, Jakub.