This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 9.2 Status Report (2019-08-05), branch frozen for release
- From: Tom Honermann <tom at honermann dot net>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 10:49:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: GCC 9.2 Status Report (2019-08-05), branch frozen for release
The first 9.2 release candidate has been released.
The GCC 9 branch is frozen for preparation of the GCC 9.2 release.
All changes to the branch now require release manager approval.
Hi, Jakub. If at all possible, I'd like to request that a back port of
PR c++/88095  be included in the gcc 9.2 release.
The rationale for including this is that it is required for one of the
approaches discussed in P1423  (see ) that may be useful for some
programmers to mitigate backward compatibility impact from the adoption
of char8_t in C++20 via P0482 . Having this feature working in 9.2
would give impacted programmers more time to evaluate their C++20
The patch has already been integrated in trunk . I verified that it
applies cleanly against the gcc-9-branch (with the exception of the
ChangeLog changes), and that tests complete successfully on Linux
x86_64. There are no target dependencies involved in this change.