Re: Re: [GSoC'19, libgomp work-stealing] Task parallelism runtime

> I thought we don't want to go lock-free, the queue operations > aren't easily
> implementable lock-free, but instead with a lock for each of > the queues,
​
Hi,
By lock-free I meant to use locks only for the queues,
But my terminology was indeed confusing sorry about that.
​
> mean we don't in some cases wake anybody, so there will be > threads idling
> instead of doing useful work, but at least one thread
> probably should handle
> it later.
​
I was personally worried about this case
Since this could result in huge inefficiencies, but maybe it'll be fine.
I'll first try to implement it.
Thanks
​
Ray Kim