Re: GCC missing -flto optimizations? SPEC lbm benchmark

> Hasn't GNAT sorted Ada elements in records (e.g. structures) by size
> since near its initial addition to GCC in the mid-90s?

No, it wasn't done early on and it was never done in that major a way
now.  Most reordering (possibly all; I'm not sure) is done between
objects of variable and fixed size, not between objects of differing
fixed sizes.

> I know Ada is traditionally more strongly typed than C/C++, but tf it can
> be done for Ada programs reliably, why could it not be reliable in C?

I don't see it as a reliability issue, but one of expectations.  One might
be using a struct to map some hardware layout or records in a file so that
reordering fields could break things.