Re: Question: after gcc intallation

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 at 16:18, Chang-Hsin Daniel Chen
<pxdaniel@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi GCC,
>
> This is Daniel. I use fedora 29 and have install gcc-8.2.0 into the system.

Why? Fedora 29 already has GCC 8.2.1

How did you install it? What commands did you run?

>However, I still cannot see GCC on the list what I do "module av".

What is that command for?

> I have added the path of the gcc directory into .bashrc. However, nothing changes.
> "export PATH=$PATH:/..."

This is not useful, we can't tell if you did this right when you show
a nonsense path like "/..."

> "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PATH:/..."

Same reply, and shouldn't that be LD_LIBRARY_PATH not PATH?

> Could you tell me what should I do after installation to link gcc to the system?

No, because