Re: GCC 8.3 Status Report (2019-02-08)

On 2/8/19 3:15 AM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
Status
======

GCC 7.3 has been released on January 25th, so it is about time to do
GCC 8.3 release now.  Unfortunately we have a recent P1 C++ regression
- PR88995.  Nathan (or Jason), do you think it can be fixed soon?
In the meantime, can people with backportable patches backport fixes to 8.3,
so that we can release a rc1 soon and do a release a week afterwards?

Ah, I see I caused that by r268029, fixing some other PR. I did have a look, but didn't have sufficient time to investigate fully.

a) revert the breaking fix, but IIRC that was also fixing a regression?

b) perhaps we shouldn't be sending non-dependent expressions through the capture machinery, but instead wrapping them in an appropriate view_convert_expr to make them const?

nathan

--
Nathan Sidwell