Re: Testing compiler reliability using Csmith

Hi Radu,

On 06/12/18 22:10, Radu Ometita wrote:
Hello everyone!

We are working on writing a paper about testing the reliability of C compilers by using Csmith (a random C99 program generator).

A previous testing effort, using Csmith, found 79 GCC bugs, and 25 of those have been marked by developers as P1 (https://www.flux.utah.edu/download?uid=114 <https://www.flux.utah.edu/download?uid=114>): . However, after this paper was published we are unaware of any further testing using Csmith, and we would like to ask you, if you are aware of any such efforts or further results.

We've had a large amount of really good bug reports come out of the research at:
https://people.inf.ethz.ch/suz/emi/index.html

If I understand the research correctly, the seed programs are either csmith-generated or taken from the GCC testsuite
and the mutations applied to them expose compiler bugs.

Thanks,
Kyrill

Best regards,
Radu Ometita,