Re: ICE building a libsupc++ file, pdp11 target

> On Jul 23, 2018, at 10:21 AM, Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018, Paul Koning wrote:
>
>> That reveals some things but nothing jumps out at me.  However... pdp11
>> is an a.out target, not an ELF target.  Would that explain the problem?
>> If yes, is there a workaround (short of implementing ELF)?
>
> As there are hardly any targets left without named section support, using
> ELF might be a good idea so you don't have to deal with the
> no-named-sections issues.
>
> The ELF e_machine value EM_PDP11 was assigned to Lars Brinkoff,
> lars@nocrew.org, 30 May 2002, according to the comments in
> ch4.eheader.html.  I don't know if an actual ELF ABI has been defined.

I don't know of pdp11 ELF code in binutils.

The named-section stuff itself doesn't seem to be directly related.  If I run the test with the target flag -mdec-asm, it still fails.  That mode does support named sections.

I can easily see the issue with the debugger and compare with a target that works (vax).  So I should be able to find this, at least once I figure out how to turn off address space randomization on my host.

	paul