Re: gcc-gnat for Linux/MIPS-32bit-be, and HPPA2

U.Mutlu wrote on 07/22/2018 11:20 AM:
Carlo Pisani wrote on 07/22/2018 03:24 AM:
hi guys
got some deb files from an old Debian's archive(1), converted .deb
into .tgz, and installed
but it seems there is no gnat-gcc

I don't know how Gnat works on Debian, but for sure it doesn't work
like the version I have on my gentoo-x86 box
where I have prepared this test file, hello.adb

with Ada.Text_IO; use Ada.Text_IO;
procedure Hello is
begin
    Put_Line ("Hello WORLD!");
end Hello;

that I can compile via "gnatmake hello.adb"

gnat make -v hallo.ada

GNATMAKE  4.3.5
   "hello.ali" being checked ...
gnatgcc -c -x ada hello.adb
End of compilation
gnatbind -x hello.ali
gnatlink hello.ali

as you can see it calls "gnatgcc"

On HPPA:
- "gnatgcc" is not existing out of the debian pagkage(1)
- gnat make calls "gcc-4.3"
- the installed gcc (provided by gentoo) can't compile ada-files
- since the compiler was compiled with languages=C,C++,Fortran

and idea? hints?

I would say just get the source tarball of gcc 4.3.x from
https://gcc.gnu.org/releases.html and build it yourself
with the languages you want, ie. add gnat (ada) to the list.
(Not sure, but I think by default it generates all languages, incl. ada, ie.
gnat)
For the HP platforms check also http://hpux.connect.org.uk/
See also https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Ada

(1)
http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20091008T120404Z/pool/main/g/gnat-4.3

Here's the dependency list under Debian 7 (wheezy):

$ apt-cache depends gnat-4.9
gnat-4.9
  Depends: gnat-4.9-base
  Depends: gcc-4.9
  Depends: libgnat-4.9
  Depends: libc6-dev
  Depends: libc6
  Depends: libcloog-isl4
  Depends: libgcc1
  Depends: libgmp10
  Depends: libgnatprj4.9
  Depends: libgnatvsn4.9
  Depends: libisl10
  Depends: libmpc3
  Depends: libmpfr4
  Depends: zlib1g

So, your version should be in the repo of a previous Debian version,
possibly Debian 6 (squeeze)
https://www.debian.org/releases/