Re: Repo conversion troubles.

On Mon, 9 Jul 2018 at 21:00, Eric S. Raymond <esr@thyrsus.com> wrote:

> Bernd Schmidt <bernds_cb1@t-online.de>:
> > On 07/09/2018 09:19 PM, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> > > Last time I did a comparison between SVN head and the git conversion
> > > tip they matched exactly.  This time I have mismatches in the following
> > > files.
> >
> > So what are the diffs? Are we talking about small differences (like one
> > change missing) or large-scale mismatches?
>
> Large-scale, I'm afraid.  The context diff is about a GLOC.

I don't see how that's possible. Most of those files are tiny, or
change very rarely, so I don't see how that large a diff can happen.

Take zlib/configure.ac and zlib/configure, there's only been one
change in the past 18 months: https://gcc.gnu.org/r261739
That change didn't touch the other files in the list.

libtool.m4 has one change in the past 2 years (just a few days ago):
https://gcc.gnu.org/r262451
That was also tiny, and didn't touch the other files.

maintainer-scripts/crontab only has one change in the past 6 months:
https://gcc.gnu.org/r259637
That was a tiny change, and didn't touch any other files.

None of those were merges from any other branch.