Re: GSoC 2018: Hrishikesh Kulkarni has been selected to work on LTO dumping tool

On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 5:36 PM, Hrishikesh Kulkarni
<hrishikeshparag@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created a new file lto-dump.c and to test if it's linked
> correctly, I have put a dummy function called dump which should simply
> print hello world after passing -dump option to lto1.
>
> ~/gnu-toolchain/gcc/master/tests$ ../stage1-build/gcc/lto1 hello.o -fdump
>
> Now while adding -fdump option in lang.opt for command line option I
> am getting error “unrecognised  command line option '-fdump' ”.
> So how should I proceed with adding this new option.
> Please find the diff file attached.

+fdump
+LTO Dump Tool
+Call the dump function.
+

try

fdump
LTO
Call the dump function.

instead.  The second line is magic flags that need to be recognized.
You probably want instead

LTO Var(flag_lto_dump)

so you can test whether the flag is set or not as well.

Sorry for the late response.

Richard.