This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Deprecation of powerpc*-*-*spe*
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 10:57:22 +0200
- Subject: Deprecation of powerpc*-*-*spe*
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
As has been discussed in the
threads and in
the powerpc*-*-*spe* support which has been split into a separate backend
hasn't been given enough maintainance and so is deprecated in GCC 8.
It can still be built with --enable-obsolete. If the maintainers don't
manage to remove the dead parts of the port and start actually maintaining
it early in the GCC 9 stage1 development, the port will be removed.