Re: Bugzilla timing out

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

> Hi -
>
> > Thanks for looking into it.  I'm still (or again) seeing very
> > poor responsiveness.  Right now, bringing up an existing bug
> > takes an entire minute.
>
> There has been quite a burst in activity on sourceware.org over the
> last few hours.  Will look further into why, but quite a bit of it may
> be anti-spam processing.

Many copies of a 5 MB message have apparently been timing out in
sourceware's spam processing, resulting in sourceware repeatedly accepting
the message while the sender's mail server also times out (sooner) and
keeps resending it.

https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2018-01/msg00901.html

(the list archives uniquify based on message-id, but many separate copies
have been delivered to libc-alpha so far each with its own ezmlm sequence
number).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com