Re: Dropping ChangeLogs

On 12/22/2017 01:34 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
On Friday 22 December 2017 05:57 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
The Linux community does not have a tool-based solution for that.  I
think it mainly relies on lack of commit access for contributors.

Sure, but that's a minor detail to implement once we decide we don't
need ChangeLogs.  As far as glibc is concerned, I don't think we have
reached that conclusion yet.

I cannot agree with that. Full commit review is an absolute requirement before we can eliminate ChangeLogs because the review needs to cover the author attribution.

Thanks,
Florian