Re: Register Allocation Graph Coloring algorithm and Others

On 12/14/17 9:18 PM, Leslie Zhai wrote:
> * The papers by Briggs and Chaiten contradict[2] themselves when examine
> the text of the paper vs. the pseudocode provided?

I've read both of these papers many times (in the past) and I don't recall
any contradictions in them.  Can you (Dave?) be more specific about what you
think are contradictions?

I do admit that pseudo code in papers can be very terse, to the point that
they don't show all the little details that are needed to actually implement
them, but they definitely shouldn't contradict their written description.
I was very grateful that Preston was more than willing to answer all my many
questions regarding his allocator and the many many details he couldn't
mention in his Ph.D. thesis, let alone a short paper.

Peter