Kirill,

in an unrelated context I've stumbled across a change of yours
from Aug 2014 (revision 213847) where you "extend" the ways
of loading zeros into registers. I don't understand why this was
done, and the patch submission mail also doesn't give any reason.
My point is that simple VEX-encoded vxorps/vxorpd/vpxor with
128-bit register operands ought to be sufficient to zero any width
registers, due to the zeroing of the high parts the instructions do.
Hence by using EVEX encoded insns it looks like all you do is grow
the instruction length by one or two bytes (besides making the
source somewhat more complicated to follow). At the very least
the shorter variants should be used for -Os imo.

Thanks for any insight,
Jan