Re: Problems in IPA passes

On 11/01/2017 08:24 AM, Richard Biener wrote:
On November 1, 2017 3:12:05 PM GMT+01:00, Jeff Law <law@redhat.com> wrote:
On 11/01/2017 12:31 AM, Richard Biener wrote:

In my local tree I'm just passing around the vrp_bitmap_obstack
right
now.  Nobody's accessing it via a global anymore.  So at least we
know
what routines directly or indirectly want to touch
vrp_bitmap_obstack.

Maybe that's not necessary in most places given existing bitmaps know
their obstack? IIRC most places do sth to equivalences only if a range
already contains some.
I'd think that would help significantly if we're willing to make the
assumption that all the bitmap allocations come from the same bitmap
obstack.

I think we can. Maybe add a comment with respect to that to the equiv field.
Sounds wise :-)

Again, the positive is this can be tested very quickly now.  The joys
of
losing the global and getting some refactoring in done :-)

:)

Thanks for doing this work! (... Strikes one item from too long todo list...)
Glad to help. So with new way to find the obstack we can do away with passing around the equiv_obstack entirely.

Not sure what the biggest wart is now... Hmm, I guess that's a good place to be. There's still certainly cleanup to do, but it's coming together nicely.

It's probably time to carve off some chunks that are ready to commit. Like the obstack cleanup :-)

Jeff