Re: Feature request: -Wno-unknown-warnings to silently ignore unknown warning control flags.

On 13/10/17 02:47, Martin Sebor wrote:
[*] We wrote a script scrape those off the online HTML manual
and create a "database" mapping options to GCC versions they
were introduced in (or first documented in, as not every option
always gets documented as it gets added).

I don't understand why you would need to scrape the HTML manual. Grepping the output of 'gcc --help=' should quickly tell you if an option is supported.

Unfortunately, it doesn't tell which options imply other options or which options take arguments, their types and ranges. However, this is something that could be improved in gcc --help= easily if somebody actually cared. And it would be far more robust and easier than creating a database (which may need to not only encode GCC versions but also handle target-specific options).

Cheers,

Manuel.