This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
GCC 5.5 Released
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc-announce at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, info-gnu at gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 17:11:53 +0200
- Subject: GCC 5.5 Released
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx05.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=redhat.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx05.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=fail smtp.mailfrom=jakub at redhat dot com
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com 6CE15FEBD
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
The GNU Compiler Collection version 5.5 has been released.
GCC 5.5 is a bug-fix release from the GCC 5 branch
containing important fixes for regressions and serious bugs in
GCC 5.4 with more than 250 bugs fixed since the previous release.
This is also the last release from the GCC 5 branch, GCC continues
to be maintained on the GCC 6 and GCC 7 branches and the development
This release is available from the FTP servers listed at:
Please do not contact me directly regarding questions or comments
about this release. Instead, use the resources available from
As always, a vast number of people contributed to this GCC release
-- far too many to thank them individually!