Re: GNU Tools Cauldron 2017: OMP (Offloading and Multi Processing) BoF

Hi!

On Mon, 4 Sep 2017 22:59:36 +0200, Jan Hubicka <hubicka@ucw.cz> wrote:
> > As Honza told me recently, it has been proposed by Martin -- I don't know
> > which one ;-) -- and certainly makes sense, to have another OMP
> > (Offloading and Multi Processing) BoF at the GNU Tools Cauldron 2017,
> > which is currently scheduled for Saturday, 11:00 to 11:45.  That is, a
> > general OMP BoF session in addition to more specific individual
> > presentations.
> >
> > Honza volunteered me to host it ;-) -- to which I'm not immediately
>
> To be precise, I also volunteered Martin (Jambor) to propose it.
> In any case it seems it would be useful thing to have on programme. Let me
> know if I should keep it there ;)

Yes, let's keep it there, and I'm sure we'll find enough topics to
discuss with the group of people that are present (which I don't know
yet).

> > objecting, but my time to prepare anything at all is very limited
> > (non-existing?) right now, and I still got to first organize stuff/myself
> > for my other presentation slot...
> >
> > We could do it off the cuff, but it'd also be very useful to know
> > beforehand a handful of topics to talk about.  So, who's interested in
> > contributing to this OMP BoF?  I put some candidates in CC, but
> > everyone's welcome to contribute, of course!  I suggest this should
> > really be BoF-like: more interaction and discussion instead of too much
> > presentation.

Here is an abstract/agenda for this time slot.  Are you going to put it
onto the wiki page, or want me to do it?

    This is an interactive BoF to discuss all things OMP (Offloading and
    Multi Processing): from front ends (programming abstractions: OpenMP,
    OpenACC, maybe CPLEX (C Parallel Language Extensions)?, others?) to
    support for heterogeneous offload targets/GCC back ends (Intel MIC,
    Nvidia PTX, HSA/HSAIL, GCN, others?) -- and everything in between:
    middle end abstractions.  Automatic vectorization, parallelization
    (parloops/autopar, graphite, polly, others?).  Compilation flow in
    GCC (LTO model, HSAIL model).  Issues with complex GCC build
    configuration, problems for packagers, GNU/Linux distributions.

Grüße
 Thomas