This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Steering committee, please, consider using lzip instead of xz
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Antonio Diaz Diaz <antonio at gnu dot org>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: "Matias A. Fonzo" <selk at dragora dot org>
- Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 14:54:28 -0600
- Subject: Re: Steering committee, please, consider using lzip instead of xz
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx07.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=redhat.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx07.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=law at redhat dot com
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mx1.redhat.com 1B4E3C04B92B
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com 1B4E3C04B92B
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 06/08/2017 03:27 AM, Antonio Diaz Diaz wrote:
> Jeff Law wrote:
>> We've got far more important items to tackle than this. But if you
>> want me to bring it up formally with the SC I can.
>> ps. And just to be clear, I actually don't like xz and I'm always
>> annoyed when I run into something delivered in xz format. But xz
>> support at the distro level is pretty ubiquitous at this point.
> Then please, I beg you to bring this up formally with the SC and do your
> best to get it considered. As Alexandre Oliva likes to quote, "you must
> be the change you wish to see in the world" (Gandhi).
It's been raised with the SC.
Please do not continue to push this discussion here.