This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 7.0.0 Status Report (2017-01-09), Stage 4 to start soon
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 18:57:07 +0000
- Subject: Re: GCC 7.0.0 Status Report (2017-01-09), Stage 4 to start soon
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170109115844.GI21933@tucnak>
On Mon, 9 Jan 2017, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> We are behind schedule in the amount of P1-P3 PRs compared e.g. to
> GCC 5 or GCC 6, so any help with fixing regressions will be appreciated.
Also the release notes gcc-7/changes.html are extremely incomplete and
need to be filled out - e.g. they're missing almost all the new
diagnostics, almost all the C++ front-end improvements, all the changes
for x86 and most other architectures, and probably many other
improvements. I strongly encourage people to add release notes for their
own changes, but someone probably needs to go through the changes since
GCC 6 at some point to see what's worth a release note but is missing one.
Joseph S. Myers