Adoption of C subset standards

Hi all, I've become involved in a group which seeks to refine previous efforts in both safety-critical and secure coding standards (for example MISRA and CERT-C). We note that in the past MISRA has been declined for explicit inclusion in GCC but that parts of it and CERT-C are tested by individual flags.

For either new standards or existing standards like TS 17961, would the GCC maintainers be opposed to forming a new option (possibly an option for --std=) to test for a particular standard, or whatever subset of it can currently be checked? I expect someone from the our group would provide patches for the tests.

One of the reasons for asking is that we'd like to remove any barriers to adoption of our new standard by GCC; in particular, trying to determine if the new standard not being LGPL or similar would be a problem.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Jim MacArthur