Re: diag color

Hi Manuel,

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 3:16 PM, Manuel López-Ibáñez
<lopezibanez@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 31/07/16 13:16, phi gcc wrote:

> If you think you can code it better, prove it:

Why should I ? I am not a gcc designer, just humbelly reporting a
usability issue, where a gcc upgrade start to produce garbled
unreadable output on stderr.

At some point one suggested reading the source, I did it real quick,
and it appears trivial that getenv("TERM") is wrongly processed, made
a kind proposal as suggestion, that can indeed be implemented
otherwise by the code owner.

Now gcc team can simply trash this, but if gcc can't handle trivial
request like this, sounds a bit scary for the future :)

Jon sugested a valid work around that I can manage for a while that is
a gcc shell wrapper export the  GCC_COLORS='' then call gcc.ori, it is
sloppy but workable.

If this is still accepted as a potential problem then lemme know the official
process to submit a bug report. If people on the list strongly think
this is not a problem, then it will save time, we close it period :)