This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, charlet at adacore dot com, richard dot guenther at gmail dot com, schwab at suse dot de
- Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 15:18:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: internal_reference_types
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87mvol7bho dot fsf at linux-m68k dot org> <1521473 dot 68Xcl1KAmy at polaris> <20160425130438 dot A299733CA8 at vlsi1 dot gnat dot com>
> Hmm... what else would REFERENCE_TYPEs be? I remember none of this and
> it's clear that it was later changed because of the reference to address
Yes, the address space stuff is posterior, but the Pmode thing is verbatim.
REFERENCE_TYPEs and POINTER_TYPEs are (should be) treated almost equally in
the compiler, the difference matters only for the debug info. We use the
former much more now than we used to in gigi, because of the debug info.