This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: m68k / coldfire target
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Angelo Dureghello <angelo at sysam dot it>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 15:34:21 -0600
- Subject: Re: m68k / coldfire target
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5713EFE4 dot 7040905 at sysam dot it>
On 04/17/2016 02:19 PM, Angelo Dureghello wrote:
m68k isn't a priority for any of the developers; I usually try to flush
out any m68k bugs I can each October in preparation for the spring
release. And even that work is probably more time than the m68k really
deserves at this point.
i submitted some months ago 2 issues on cross-building gcc for the
These issues are connected, and probably the first one is invalid,
due to the fact that as default only m68k (not coldfire) libgcc is
On the other hand, using --with-arch=cf breaks the build (second bug).
My impression is that there are no much resources allocated for this.
As you can see there were some replies, but after months seems no
one closed or finally fixed the bugs.
I am not much expert in the gcc internal source so unfortunately
i can't offer my help too much here.
Every feedback is appreciated.
So they're not ignored, but they're way down on the priority list.