This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: (MIPS R5900) Adding support for the FPU (COP1) instructions
- From: Woon yung Liu <ysai187 at yahoo dot com>
- To: Gcc Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Matthew Fortune <matthew dot fortune at imgtec dot com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 13:44:49 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: (MIPS R5900) Adding support for the FPU (COP1) instructions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B023537E3BBF2E at hhmail02 dot hh dot imgtec dot org> <1920161490 dot 274759 dot 1459337040962 dot JavaMail dot yahoo at mail dot yahoo dot com>
- Reply-to: Woon yung Liu <ysai187 at yahoo dot com>
I realized that I probably set the entry for the FPU COP1 Accumulator within FIXED_REGISTERS wrong (set to 1 instead of 0), hence why the new instructions were not getting selected. Anyway, I changed it to zero, and now I am getting a new problem while compiling GCC:
../../../libgcc/libgcc2.c: In function '__powisf2':
../../../libgcc/libgcc2.c:1851:1: internal compiler error: Max. number of generated reload insns per insn is achieved (90)
I guess that it's due to GCC finding no way to move values to/from the $ACC register, although I didn't actually manage to find a specific answer to this error. What should be my next step?
Thanks and regards,