Re: Validity of SUBREG+AND-imm transformations

On 03/04/2016 08:05 AM, Richard Biener wrote:
does that mean that the shift amount should be DImode?
Seems like a more flexible approach would be for the midend to be able
to handle these things...

Or macroize for all integer modes?
That's probably worth exploring. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it that turns out to be better than any individual mode, not just for arm & aarch64, but would help a variety of targets.

My worry is that such a change will bleeds out beyond just the standard shifting and shadd style patterns in each port. I guess that would largely depend on how many combiner patterns a port has which combine a shift with some other operation.

jeff