Removing "Severity" from New Bug form

I would really like to see the Severity field removed from the bug
entry form. A few people use it correctly to mark their bugs as
enhancements or trivial, but most users just set it to "blocker"
because they think it means "how important is this to you?". Obviously
everyone's bug is important to them, but that doesn't make it a GCC
release blocker.

If we have to keep it could we put a label next to it explaining what
it's for, and requesting users to engage brain before choosing
"critical" or "blocker" ?