Re: basic asm and memory clobbers

On 11/17/2015 06:28 PM, Segher Boessenkool wrote:

_Does_ basic asm as currently implemented have a memory clobber?  If not,
it seems we can just remove basic asm completely and everything would
still work the same!
You'd have to dig into the various optimizers -- I know that it has a memory use in DSE, but I haven't audited the optimizers thoroughly. In fact, the whole point behind the PR in question is there's at least one optimizer that is missing that check.

Jeff