Re: Understanding GCC test results published by SUSE

On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 10:18 PM, Mikhail Maltsev <maltsevm@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> SUSE performs periodic testing of GCC and publishes the results on their site:
> http://gcc.opensuse.org/ (many thanks for this great job!).
>
> I'm trying to perform some analysis of these results and asking for help with
> understanding them. I would be grateful, if you answer some of my questions:
>
> 1. For SPEC benchmarks there are update logs (e.g.
> http://gcc.opensuse.org/SPEC/CFP/sb-frescobaldi.suse.de-head-64/201508061619.fp/update-201508061619.log)
> which allow to see which revision of GCC was used in the test. For other
> benchmarks there is only date
> (http://gcc.opensuse.org/c++bench/boost/boost-summary.txt). Is it possible to
> extract the revision number? Or, is it the same for all tests run on a specific
> test server during one day?

The built GCC is that from specific SPEC runs on the same machine.

vangelis, czerny and terbium us the head-64 sandbox, frescobaldi uses
the ipa-64 sandbox

so you can use the update log from around the same date.

> 2. What does the number after date mean (i.e. what is "34228681" in
> "151011.34228681")?

Recently I changed it to be $[`date +%k`*99/23] plus the SVN revision appended.
before that it was date %s with the first 5 digits skipped for a long time.

> 3. There was (is?) a bug which caused the string "FILESIZE:" to be output into
> test results. (see, for example,
> http://gcc.opensuse.org/c++bench/boost/boost-summary.txt). Is it fixed now?

Not sure.

> 4. What are the columns for Tramp3D benchmark? (the comment in the beginning is
> somewhat obsolete: lots of new columns were added).

Ugh, I'd have to reverse-engineer that from the gnuplot input and the
script grepping
the output ;)

> 5. Likewise, for libstdc++ benchmark.

Likewise.

I'll tar the scripts producing the output up and mail them to you (privately).

Richard.