dejagnu version update?

On Sep 14, 2015, at 3:37 PM, Jeff Law <law@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Maybe GCC-6 can bump the required
>> dejagnu version to allow for getting rid of all these superfluous
>> load_gcc_lib? *blink* :)
> I'd support that as a direction.
>
> Certainly dropping the 2001 version from our website in favor of 1.5 (which is what I'm using anyway) would be a step forward.

So, even ubuntu LTS is 1.5 now.  No harm in upgrading the website to 1.5.  I don’t know of any reason to not update and just require 1.5 at this point.  I’m not a fan of feature chasing dejagnu, but an update every 2-4 years isn’t unreasonable.

So, let’s do it this way…  Any serious and compelling reason to not update to 1.5?  If none, let’s update to 1.5 in another week or two, if no serious and compelling reasons not to.

My general plan is, slow cycle updates on dejagnu, maybe every 2 years.  LTS style releases should have the version in it before the requirement is updated.  I take this approach as I think this should be the maximal change rate of things like make, gcc, g++, ld, if possible.