Re: Acceptance criteria for the git conversion

On 09/03/2015 02:59 AM, Trevor Saunders wrote:
On Tue, Sep 01, 2015 at 06:06:33PM +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
"Eric S. Raymond" <esr@thyrsus.com> writes:

There is no way to maintain those links for git, so yes, you want to
keep a read-only Subversion instance around.

The mapping can also be put in some git notes tree for use by bugzilla.
That would only need to be set up once.

I'd think that would be the way you'd want to associate git commits with
a svn commit, but I think bugzilla wants to do the reverse map svn
commits to git ones (or we could just rewrite the link targets) but
either way that needs a mapping in the other direction.  Obviously
having a mapping in one direction makes getting the reverse pretty
trivial.

It's pretty trivial to map from SVN rev numbers to git with either git-svn or reposurgeon --legacy commit decorations.

git log --grep '^git-svn-id:.*@1234 ' --all -1
git log --grep '^Legacy-ID: 1234$' --all -1

Jason