This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Offer of help with move to git
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: esr at thyrsus dot com, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 11:50:57 -0600
- Subject: Re: Offer of help with move to git
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150823144340 dot GA7448 at thyrsus dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508241350060 dot 19249 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20150824163157 dot GB23430 at thyrsus dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508241640520 dot 19249 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <55DFD188 dot 5060608 at redhat dot com> <20150828041313 dot GA22560 at thyrsus dot com>
On 08/27/2015 10:13 PM, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
I suspect we do this with more regularity than most projects. Hell, I
regularly wish we had all the emacs backups files from the old mit
machines (they were unfortunately purged regularly to make space).
I'd like to use the --legacy flag so that old references to SVN commits are
easier to look up.
Your call, but ... I don't recommend it. It's very cluttery, and I've found the
demand for that kind of lookup tends to drop off after conversion faster than
people expect it will.