This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Repository for the conversion machinery
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: esr at thyrsus dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 17:42:05 -0400
- Subject: Re: Repository for the conversion machinery
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150827143810 dot GA10920 at thyrsus dot com> <xn7fogmpdn dot fsf at greed dot delorie dot com> <20150827211715 dot GA18340 at thyrsus dot com>
> If you want your commits to be attributed to two different addresses
> in the git conversion, you need to tell me how to specify two
> different selection sets so I can write assign statements and two
> trivial "authors read" commands affecting them only.
> assuming that the names m32c and djgpp have been properly bound.
Since I have no idea what you mean by "properly bound", or even where
these names come from, I don't know how to define rules based on them.
The only realiable way I can think of is to look at which address I
used in the ChangeLog entry that is part of each commit. After all,
that's what ChangeLog entries are for.