Re: Ambiguous usernames (was: Re: 33 unknowns left)

On Thu, 27 Aug 2015, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

> > In the gcc2 repository, dje was Doug Evans (this includes commits on
> > premerge-fsf-branch, not just the early part of trunk).  In the repository
> > that started as the EGCS repository, dje is David Edelsohn.
>
> OK, this is going to get pretty ugly then.  I do not know nearly enough
> about the history of the repo to find these pairs myself.
>
> I'm going to need two things:
>
> 1. A precise description of what SVN branches and date spans need to be
>    considered as separate namespaces for this purpose.  When I say
>    "precise" I mean that I will need to be able to express them as
>    reposurgeon selection sets.  It is OK for the description to use
>    branch names and either Subversion revnos or dates.

I believe the following come from the gcc2 repository and should use that
namespace: everything in the history of /branches/premerge-fsf-branch.
That is: all revisions of /branches/premerge-fsf-branch itself, plus
revisions 1 to 14639 of trunk.

Everything else uses the gcc.gnu.org namespace.

> 2. A list of exceptions. Each exception should be an ambiguous username
>    (such as dle) followed by a descroption of the human name it corresponds
>    to in different namespaces.

I believe the following is a complete set of usernames that appear in both
sets.  Most of these are probably not ambiguous, but it will be necessary
to check each carefully.  All other usernames appear in only one set of
names and so are unambiguous (assuming that no username was reused for
different people on the same system, which seems a reasonable assumption
unless anyone knows of relevant exceptions).

(no author)
amylaar
bje
bkoz