This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Repository for the conversion machinery
- From: "Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 11:57:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: Repository for the conversion machinery
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150827143810 dot GA10920 at thyrsus dot com> <CAKOQZ8wEkiEuqetfM_R2hV3CCFCf37QnJhLpJfSedxOWkXixsw at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: esr at thyrsus dot com
Ian Lance Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> A lot of the e-mail addresses are out of date, as you know. Would it
> be helpful to get updated e-mail addresses, or does it not really
Updated addresses are better.
> In gcc.map I see
> anoncvs = Anonymous CVS User <email@example.com>
> Are there any actual commits by this user?
I don't know yet. Won't till my additional RAM gets here.
> In gcc.map:
> mmitchel = Mark Mitchell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> mmitchell = Mark Mitchell <email@example.com>
> These are the same person (and the e-mail addresses are out of date).
> I don't know how the two different user IDs got in there.
> In gcc.map:
> click = Nick Clifton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> nickc = Nick Clifton <email@example.com>
> These are the same person. Maybe that is what is captured here, I don't know.
Yes. I was told at least once before of a pair like this that happened
because one person was committing to GCC and EGCS under two different
<a href="http://www.catb.org/~esr/">Eric S. Raymond</a>