This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Repository for the conversion machinery
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Eric Raymond <esr at thyrsus dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 11:57:01 -0400
- Subject: Re: Repository for the conversion machinery
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150827143810 dot GA10920 at thyrsus dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508271539020 dot 20843 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20150827155235 dot GA12124 at thyrsus dot com>
On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 11:52 AM, Eric S. Raymond <email@example.com> wrote:
> Joseph Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
>> Where someone is listed in MAINTAINERS, I suggest preferring that email
>> address over any older address you may have got from ChangeLogs etc.
>> (unless they're requested otherwise or it seems the MAINTAINERS address is
>> the one that hasn't been kept up to date).
> Hm. I tried to do it that way - the gccfind script I wrote looked in
> MAiNTAINERS first.
>> For example, for Roland McGrath, email@example.com as in MAINTAINERS is
>> probably to be preferred to firstname.lastname@example.org.
> Corrected. I'll cheerfully accept any other corrections.
dje = David Edelsohn <email@example.com>
edelsohn = David Edelsohn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
These are both me. And I prefer email@example.com, which is listed in