This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 33 unknowns left
- From: "Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 16:50:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: 33 unknowns left
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150826193120 dot GA4593 at thyrsus dot com> <55DE1670 dot 9090401 at redhat dot com> <20150826200942 dot GA4945 at thyrsus dot com> <55DE1F36 dot 1090508 at redhat dot com>
- Reply-to: esr at thyrsus dot com
Jeff Law <email@example.com>:
> >>>>moore = moore <moore>
> >>Catherine, Tim?
> The more I think about it, it's more likely Tim. Catherine typically used
> clm@ and Tim used moore@.
> Certainly if it was a change to the PA port, then it was Tim.
What was his address?
About Catherine Moore: One of the things that is quite noticeable
about this list is the number of apparently female contributors, which
while regrettably small in absolute terms is still rather more than
I'm used to seeing in a sample this size.
This makes me curious. Was any special effort made to attract female
hackers to the project? Is there a prevailing theory about why they
showed up in comparatively large numbers?
It would be interesting to know what, if any specific thing, was done
<a href="http://www.catb.org/~esr/">Eric S. Raymond</a>