This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Moving to git
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 23:11:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: Moving to git
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55D61512 dot 8010002 at redhat dot com> <55D61B23 dot 3000309 at redhat dot com> <55D63403 dot 4000603 at redhat dot com> <20150824081741 dot GB9425 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <55DB3991 dot 4030701 at redhat dot com> <20150824154355 dot GM9425 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <55DB3CFB dot 5090206 at redhat dot com>
On 08/24/2015 11:49 AM, Jeff Law wrote:
On 08/24/2015 09:43 AM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
Not to mention we should keep the existing r123456 comments in bugzilla
working, and I'm not convinced keeping a SVN version of the repository
(frozen) for that purpose is the best idea.
I'd like to keep the old ones working, but new references should
probably be using the hash id and commit name.
As for how to best keep the old r123456 links working, I don't know.
Presumably those could be mapped behind the scenes to a git id.
git-svn find-rev takes r123456 and returns a commit hash based on the
git-svn-id in the git log; I don't see why we would need to break that
moving forward, though I'm not sure how well it would work without
reference to an actual SVN server.