This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Moving to git
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, "gcc at gnu dot org" <gcc at gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 09:23:56 -0600
- Subject: Re: Moving to git
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55D61512 dot 8010002 at redhat dot com> <55D61B23 dot 3000309 at redhat dot com> <55D63403 dot 4000603 at redhat dot com>
On 08/20/2015 02:09 PM, Jason Merrill wrote:
That would seem to make reasonable sense to me. Jakub is on PTO, so we
should re-engage on this tweak to his workflow when he returns.
On 08/20/2015 02:23 PM, Jeff Law wrote:
I suspect Jakub will strongly want to see some kind commit hook to
associate something similar to an SVN id to each git commit to support
his workflow where the SVN ids are associated with the compiler
binaries he keeps around for very fast bisection. I think when we
talked about it last year, he just needs an increasing # for each
commit, presumably starting with whatever the last SVN ID is when we
make the change.
Jakub: How about using git bisect instead, and identify the compiler
binaries with the git commit sha1?