Results from SPEC2006 FP analysis done at Richard`s request {late July / early August}

Dear all,

Overall, I think the WIP new if converter is holding up
relatively well, but there is obviously opportunity to do better,
at least if the numbers mean what they look like they mean,
i.e. the old converter`s code was fully OK and so is the new one`s.
By "fully OK" I mean e.g. no crashing bugs were introduced by the conversion.

In the following, all the integers over 1000 are loops-vectorized counts.

"base": baseline compiler source code
        Git hash: cb791e75379bc0c8b10bd13bcb24305c36fd504b
        commit date: July 10 2015
        committer: Richard

"new": base + patches for new [GIMPLE-level] if converter

-O3
===

no special flags
----------------
base: 5951
new:  5956

with only "-ftree-loop-if-convert" added
base: 5954
new:  5956

with both if-conversion flags added
-----------------------------------
base: 5970
new:  5956

-Ofast
======

no special flags
----------------
base: 7393
new:  7401

with only "-ftree-loop-if-convert" added
base: 7393
new:  7401

with both if-conversion flags added
base: 7421
new:  7401

I have a spreadsheet [and a PDF generated therefrom] that shows the above in a
more visual format.  Please feel free to ask for the PDF as an email attachment.

Regards,

Abe