This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: replacing multiplication by bit shifts, etc
- From: Alan Lawrence <alan dot lawrence at arm dot com>
- To: Quolick <quolick at conus dot info>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 17:54:49 +0100
- Subject: Re: replacing multiplication by bit shifts, etc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1439395261 dot 91061 dot ezmlm at gcc dot gnu dot org>
All compilers can replace multiplication operation by bit shifts and LEA x86 instruction
(if current target arch is x86).
Can I ask, where in GCC this happens? I can't find it in source code.
See gcc/expmed.c, search for "choose_mult_variant".