Re: bug in lra-constraints.c (simple_move_p register_move_cost)

On 2014-12-16 9:53 AM, BELBACHIR Selim wrote:
Hi,

I may have found a bug when I was trying to port my private backend to new LRA pass (using gcc 4.9.2+patches).

In lra-constraints.c, in function simple_move_p, the target hook targetm.register_move_cost is called with two badly swapped parameters :

         targetm.register_move_cost (GET_MODE (src), sclass, dclass)

should be :

         targetm.register_move_cost (GET_MODE (src), dclass, sclass)

In my port of GCC it leads to an error when checking constrain_operands at the end of LRA pass

Thanks for reporting this typo. I'll fix it soon. It did not affect other ports as usually the cost is symmetric relative to the args (especially when the cost is 2).