RE: Localized write permission for OS maintainers

On December 18, 2014 4:14:54 AM CST, Matthew Fortune <Matthew.Fortune@imgtec.com> wrote:
>> Does this cover OS specific areas in the gcc/config.gcc file?  For
>> example:
>>
>> https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2014-12/msg01214.html
>
>I canât answer authoritatively but I would expect it does include
>OS specific areas of config files. However, as an arch port maintainer
>I would be wary of an OS maintainer tweaking something that is
>arch specific OS config. Hope that makes sense.

That's how it has worked for me in practice. But the RTEMS specific configurery is usually very similar to another CPU-elf and I generally ask for reviews to make sure it is the right thing to do.

This also covers RTEMS specific runtime port files.

>Thanks,
>Matthew

--joel (from a mobile device, forgive brevity and typos)