This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Legal paperwork for GCC contributions
- From: Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports dot org>
- To: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot med dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, assign at gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 23:42:12 -0500
- Subject: Re: Legal paperwork for GCC contributions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <83199CBD-543D-40FA-A203-D39114931D62 at macports dot org> <20141124011444 dot GA8365 at bromo dot med dot uc dot edu>
On Nov 23, 2014, at 8:14 PM, Jack Howarth <email@example.com> wrote:
> Is this even an issue considering that MacPorts is only applying these fixes as patches on final source releases of the Apple GCC 4.2 and LLVM-GCC 4.2 compilers and there is zero chance of those ever making their way into an actively maintained source tree for either compiler?
If I knew one way or the other, I wouldn't have asked :P
We do distribute object files in addition to source. I don't know if that changes the calculus.
I believe there's a document regarding the options (conditions.text?); could someone send that to me? Thanks.