This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
libcc1 breaks bootstrap on darwin
- From: FX <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>, Rainer Orth <ro at CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- Cc: pmuldoon at redhat dot com, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, tromey at redhat dot com, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 22:27:47 +0100
- Subject: libcc1 breaks bootstrap on darwin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Hi libcc1 team and build maintainers,
Since libcc1 isnât bootstrapped anymore, it breaks bootstrap on darwin with GCC as the system compiler (which isnât the default, but is still pretty common, notably for people who need to build the Ada compiler): https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=64023
When libcc1 is built at stage3, the freshly built g++ compiler is used, but itâs not given the proper CXXFLAGS to go with, in particular the -B options pointing towards libstdc++ and libsupc++. I think thatâs because, when built from the top-level Makefile, it is made with $(HOST_EXPORTS) but not with $(POSTSTAGE1_HOST_EXPORTS).
However, I do not know how to fix that. As I understand it, this part of the Makefile is generated from the information in the toplevel Makefile.def, but I do not know how to enter that information there. Could someone help?