This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: graphite in -O3
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 16:08:10 -0500
- Subject: Re: graphite in -O3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141116191059 dot GC12538 at two dot firstfloor dot org>
Because they have not shown general performance benefit.
I hope that the renewed attention and development effort will allow
them to be enabled by default eventually.
On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 2:10 PM, Andi Kleen <email@example.com> wrote:
> Is there any specific reason why none of the graphite loop optimizations
> (loop-block, loop-interchange, loop-strip-mine, loop-jam)
> are enabled with -O3 or -Ofast?
> I assume doing so would make them much more widely used.
> Perhaps would be something to consider for 5.0?