This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 0/4] OpenMP 4.0 offloading to Intel MIC
- From: Tobias Burnus <tobias dot burnus at physik dot fu-berlin dot de>
- To: Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>, gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 16:15:48 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/4] OpenMP 4.0 offloading to Intel MIC
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Kirill Yukhin wrote:
> Support of OpenMP 4.0 offloading to future Xeon Phi was
> fully checked in to main trunk.
Thanks. If I understood it correctly:
* GCC 5 supports code generation for Xeon Phi (Knights Landing, KNL)
* KNL (the hardware) is not yet available [mid 2015?]
* liboffloadmic supports offloading in an emulation mode (executed on
the host) but does not (yet) support offloading to KNL; i.e. one
would need an updated version of it, once one gets hold of the
* The current hardware (Xeon Phi Knights Corner, KNC) is and will not
be supported by GCC.
* Details for building GCC for offloading and running code on an
accelerator is at https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Offloading
Question: Is the latter up to date - and the item above correct?
BTW: you could update gcc.gnu.org ->news and gcc.gnu.org/gcc-5/changes.html
* OpenACC support is about to be merged (as alternative to OpenMP 4)
* Support for offloading to NVidia GPUs via PTX is also about to be merged.